Project 500 is a campaign to address the imbalance in the number of male to female coaches, creating a more diverse workforce to drive the growth of female participation in sport.
By March 2015 it has seen over 500 female coaches recruited, developed, and deployed across the seven South East counties. Project 500 won't stop there, further plans are being developed to continue building on its success, so make sure you sign up to be at the forefront of female coaching. Project 500 was created in partnership with Active Sussex, Active Surrey, LEAP, Get Berkshire Active, Kent Sport, Sport Hampshire & IOW, Oxfordshire Sports Partnership and Sports Coach UK.
We're proud to say that Project 500 was awarded the inaugural Transforming Coaching through Technology award at the UK Coaching Awards in November 2018.
What can Project 500 do for you?
- Support via our Project500 Community Champions
- Offers females subsides training courses and workshops
- Access to women’s coaching bursaries (eligibility criteria applies)
- Provides access to women’s coaching network and associated events
- Access to the private Facebook group
If you are female, living in Berkshire and coach or want to coach in the sport and physical activity sector, Project500 is for you.
Sign up below to get involved and access support to enhance your skills.